Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Appreciation Photos

Now that the deed is done I can reveal the mystery quilt recipient, my mother.





My mom spends more time in or around her bed then she would like these days so it seemed only right that she have something yummy on it. I finished the quilt up on the 24th and she unwrapped it on the 25th. Good timing all around. I confess that I still haven’t mastered the finishing join of the diagonal binding. In fact I got myself, and my faithful crafting buddy Molly completely confused, until I gave in and did a straight line. I didn’t really make a New Year’s resolution this year, after all there are still several left from a few years ago…but if I was going to make a resolution it would be to master that darn diagonal join! Anyone that knows a good tutorial or video out there don’t keep it to yourself!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is SO beautiful, honey. Well done! I'm contemplating my projects for you and the others from that little FB post. Hmmmm, how fun! I got the BIGGEST compliment on your placemats over the break, and was so proud to say you made them for me.