Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Secrete Is Out: part I

Now that mommy and baby have received secrete sewing project #1 I can finally tell you all about it. A long time ago I realized that there were different levels of crafting for different folks in my life. After spending hours wrapping x-mass gifts for my ex’s family and doing a job that Martha would have published, only to have them not even notice and rip it all apart I decided to only put my all into crafting for folks that would truly appreciate it. Now this doesn’t mean that I only craft for crafters. I make the special people in my life things to let them know they are special to me. But when there is someone special who I also know will really appreciate it I go all out, and this is truly the case with Sara and Milo’s baby quilt.
Sara is one of my all time favorite people in the world and an amazing crocheter. We have spent many an hour clutching fiber to us as we made our way through the yarn stores of Vermont. So when Sara told me she was pregnant I knew I had to give it my all. Unfortunately my color consultant, otherwise known as my older sister was not in the New York area to help so I was left to wander to aisles of the fabric store on my own. My goal was to find one fabric that spoke to me and go from there. Somehow that fabric didn’t make it in but here is the finial round up.


I wish I could send all my readers swatches because these photos don’t really do any of it justice.
As part of my all out crafting I decided to make a design I had previously sworn off. It is one of those supper persnickety patterns that requires really accurate cutting and as it turns out nerves of steel while cutting.

To be honest this is the part were I got frustrated and walked away for a long time, I mean a long time...

No comments: