Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Did I Mention I Love Green?

I meet this green fabric last spring at City Quilter’s. There is something about spring fabrics that really excite me; they are a breath of fresh air after winter’s dark colors. Oh and did I mention I love green? I love green in all shapes and forms. I wasn’t really sure exactly what I was going to do with it but I thought it might need to be a bag.

My craftiness had a wrench thrown into it when my guy took a couple days off from work this week. We had lots of fun but it did put a cramp in my crafting time. By Sunday I needed to make something. So I cut out the bag and started sewing it together. I wanted to make it a bit sturdier then the average fabric so I used a fusible fabric batting. I have never used anything like it before and it was a bit more rigid than anything I have sewed with thus far.


I think there must be a better way to cut the backing and the fabric. I cut my fabric first and then pined the backing down, cut around it and ironed the whole thing together. It was a bit cumbersome but it worked. Maybe it would be better to iron the whole thing down to the fabric and then cut out the pieces, but that seemed wasteful.


So here is what I have so far. I am going to attach the handles tonight. I lined it which was an event in itself. Next time I think I am going to sew the lining a bit smaller then the bag seam. But all and all I think it went well. I was going to put in an inside zippered pocket but chickened out at the last minute. There was a lot going on. However, I am pondering an adding an outside pocket.


No comments: