Thursday, August 7, 2008

Green Bags

Now remember that the subtitle of this blog is confessions of a craft-o-holic. I have been making bags for the Green Bag Lady project. She got a little overwhelmed by so many bag requests and has stopped taking bag orders. But it is such a great project, and the bag is really easy to make, so I decided to help out the project. I have been organizing a Green Bag Lady event in Brooklyn as part of Church of Craft. The plan is to teach anyone and everyone how to make a reusable bag and to make more of these great bags to give away in Brooklyn, NY (sorry I can’t ship bags to folks).
My goal is to make between 50 and 100 bags to give out. I have already made about 20 and given away 10 to friends and family. I was feeling kinda grumpy the last few days and sewing usually cheers me up so I sat down and made about 10 bags. I actually made Tim Gunn (the sewing machine) break a sweat. Okay he didn’t sweat but he did get really hot and I had to turn the machine off and let it cool down.


If you’re not in the New York area and would like to make one of these great bags the Green Bag Lady has a great how to video here.

No comments: