Monday, January 11, 2010

Holiday Goodness


I must explain, I took many, many, really just a ton of photo's of things I have been doing over the past month. But with a new job and the holidays things weren't really making it to posts. So Last night in a fit of organization I managed to download all my photo's and you will now be bombarded with posts. So enjoy them- and I promise to try to be better about downloading my camera more often.
This lovely bit of holiday cheer was my handmade gift of choice to friends and co-workers this year. It is lavender scented bath salts with a little lavender added in to make it purdy.

To make your own:
One cup salt (sea salt works well)
add 5-6 drops of essential oil and mix, add a few more drops if it seems like it needs it- but try not to go over board.
Put in some sort of yummy container.

A note about the container. I don't know about all of you but I am alway reading magizines where they claim that you can go out and get these containeers for no money at all at your local junk shop. And the city kitten that I am always wonders where these folks live that they have access to these junk shops. Well over October my guy and I went upstate to visit some friends that took us their favorite junk shop where I got a box load of these old canning jars for $10. It was a true score.

No comments: