I made these for one of my all time favorite person, a true friend in good and bad times. Someone who really knows how to give a good hug.
Needle: size 5 double pointed
Yarn: 2 skeins LB Collection cashmere
1) c/o 39 place marker at beginning of round (for larger or smaller sizing add or subtract sts by 3) Arrange sts on three needles to work in the round 12, 12, 15.
2) Work in round. K2 P1 repeat to end of row (for these I did a twisted rib knitting through the back of the loop on all knits. This will cause the work to want to naturally spiral a bit. You can knit in a regular fashion to prevent this) repeat pattern for 1" or 6 rows
3) Mini Cable: knit second st first (leave on needle) then knit first st remove both sts from needle, P1 *repeat to end of round
4) K2 P1 repeat for three rows
5) mini cable
repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have 12 mini cables
Having just completed a mini cable round move one st from needle 1 to needle 3 so that the thumb opening will be between the two knit sts.
6) Turn work to wrong side Slip the first st P2 K1 to end of row.
7) Turn work the right side slip the first st K2 P1 to end of round
8) repeat step 6
9) right side slip first st, P1 then mini cable (step 3) till end of row.
repeat Step 6, 7, 8 and 9 until you have completed 3 mini cables.
On the third round of mini cables in thumb opening rejoin work into the round.
10) repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times (two complete mini cables past the thumb opening)
- 11) K2 P1 repeat for 6 more rounds loosely bind off.