Friday, May 30, 2008

Someone Find Me a Cow Bell!

To you this may look like a heap of yarn.

To me it is success.

This here yarn pile means the Beast is done! That’s right the Beast is done. Last night I diligently sewed in the last few strands.

My sister and I were taught our love of yarn and really all things fiber by a magical woman named Ursula. She taught us to knit and sew in her apartment on the upper east side. She had use of a little backyard which was like stepping out into another land. On her back porch was a cow bell whose sole purpose was to ring in crafting achievement. Whenever one of us learned a new skill or finished a long project we got to ring that bell. Somehow the Beast just doesn’t feel finished without a bell to ring. I will try to take the Beast out into the world this weekend and take some good proper photo’s for you all to see.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yaaaay, Mahka! I wish I had a cow bell to send (I'll have to look for one, living in Cow Central out here). Just think how warm you'll be under the Beast this winter. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, is that a jute rug that the yarn is on. It's fabulous!

Mahka Crafts said...

Yup- that would be our ikea jute rug- nice huh...