Monday, February 1, 2010

Mahka's Got a Brand New Pad




We did it! We signed a lease this weekend for the second floor of an old Victorian with not one but two porches! We struck a deal with the owners to do some work in exchange for reduced rent.
So this weekend we began, this weekend which will her one out be known as the scrub fest. My guy tackled the kitchen and I threw myself into the bathroom. 6 hours later and I think we won't get hoof and mouth disease. The previous tenant of 20 years apparently never clean his bathroom- I am pretty sure this is not an exaggeration. I had to clean the tiles 4 times and really I don't want to discuss the toilet. But please note the very lovely stained glass window in the bathroom and there is a giant linen closet too, which needs to be sheet rocked but hey it there right?
And for anyone that wonders what you look like after 6 hours of bathroom cleaning the top picture says it all. Muscles I didn't know I had hurt today.

No comments: