Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Skirt


Posted by Picasa

I thought I might start to scratch my urge to sew more clothing by making myself a skirt.  It is from a pattern that is roughly based on a skirt I got many moons ago at American Apparel.  I made it from jersey with some lycra in it which meant i didn't even have to bother with an elastic waist ban.  Does anyone see where this is going?  Yup, you guessed it jersey with lycra in it stretches- really stretches.  Which means by the time I made it to work I was holding up my skirt with one hand.  A second pass on the sewing machine made things better and I think it may now be one of my favorite go to items.  I promise to post more pictures of the shape and such soon.  I am currently recovering from a yukky cold that has prevented any photo's, well frankly it has preventing anything that wasn't moaning on the couch.

No comments: