Things that are working in my favor:
1) First babies are often late
2) First time moms are so distracted by their baby that they don’t notice you haven’t sent the goods
3) Babies in California don’t really need baby quilts in the summer, if ever.
Things that are not working in my favor:
1) I have never done a binding on a baby quilt before, I have always done a rolled edge
2) I keep sticking myself with all those pins and have to try not to bleed on quilt
3) The water in my building has been out all day due to street work. (true this doesn’t directly relate to my troubles but I feel a good shower would help a lot)
As of right now I have managed to do the crazy diagonal sewing to make one long strip, despite many miss-sews which I blame on the lack of water. I have managed to secure the very long strip to the quilt top AND not bleed on the quilt. I am now ready to sew the binding edge down. So here is the question for the day: do I drink before or after sewing the edge?